Welcome!

Hello,


Welcome to Bloomsburg University's Gender Studies Minor Blog!

I am Lex Santiago and I've been given the opportunity to run the Gender Studies Minor Blog for its very first semester.

Instagram: @lexsantiagox


While this blog is new to BU, I am not. As a senior here at Bloomsburg University, I am in my final semester and I look forward to graduating this winter! 

Although as of right now I am a busy student -- majoring in Communication Studies and maintaining two minors: Creative Writing and, you guessed it, Gender Studies.

You can expect to see weekly posts from me sharing what the Gender Studies Minor can offer students here at BU. From interviews with current students in the minor, graduates and professors to updates on events happening here or off-campus that tie into our discussion of gender, this blog will have it all.

The Gender Studies Minor has a lot to offer any student and is cohesive with any major. I hope to make this blog an inclusive place that encourages every reader to not only consider Gender Studies as a minor but to just consider it in general.

Too often we allow ourselves to blindly go through our experiences with one focus: ourselves. What happens when that perspective changes? When do you begin to notice your impact? How you unconsciously work with and against social and biological binaries? Gender Studies explores how we exist in a world that tries to put us in a box. Are you willing to take a step out of that box?

If so, I hope to see you here next week.

xo
Lex



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello hello hello!

History Behind Women's History Month

GSM Student Profile: Olivia Minzola